Friday, October 19, 2007

May I, please, use your bathroom?

The sound of my alarm clock wakes me.
I swing my feet over the side of my bed.
Honey brings me the paper and coffee.
I yawn, stretch, then I rub my  bald head.

I stand up and go to the bathroom.
My paper, under my arm, in tow.
Just as I am coming out of the bedroom.
My daughter closes the bathroom door.

So I grab myself and cock my knees.
I quckly run for bathroom number two.
Just as I am coming down the stairs.
My darling wife closes that door, too.

I am amazed by what just happened.
I turn and rush out the backdoor.
‘Damn, ’ in anger, I shouted aloud
‘In the garage, there is  one more.’

Through the kitchen and out the backdoor
To the garage, as I fast as could, I ran.
I open the door expecting I would finally  sit.
I have been holding this as long as I can.

Just as I enter the garage,
All my plans are undone.
I hear the bathroom door slam shut.
I just got beat there by my own son.

I say to myself, ‘I wish we only had one kid.’
All right, I know where there is one more.
Across the street I hurriedly went.
To the neighborhood convenience store.

Copyrighted 2007
Reginald L. Walker

All intellectual property of this author has been copyrighted and all rights are reserved by Pastor Reginald Levi Walker.

(additional information about the meaning of Nabahood23)

Not Anger But Action will solve the problems of our nieghborHOODs.

23 stands for the 23rd Psalms.

P.S. 23 stands for 'God loves you, therefore, I love you, too.'

No comments: